Friday, July 9, 2010

Our Newest Artist Is Audrey Jeanne Roberts

Below she will talk about herself, and her art:


My name is Audrey Jeanne Roberts and I am a watercolor artist. My "day job" is as a licensed artist. I create products and license them to over 50 manufacturers in the gift ware, home decor and fabric industries. Zazzle is a great place for me to test designs and see how the retail public will respond to them. It's also a great place for me to create things that I like whether or not a manufacturer will license it. It's my creative outlet!

I have been a professional artist and product designer for almost 30 years. The industry has changed dramatically in that time. When I began I didn't use computers for anything except word processing! Now I'm glued to my computer for most of the day.

I create all of my art by hand and then scan it into digital format and work with it from there. However, 75% of the creative process is now done on the computer, I can't imagine how I used to do it any more.

A digital clip art customer first told me about Zazzle. She was asking permission to use my clip art on products here (which I don't allow). I checked out the website and that was now 3 months ago. I've actually had products in my store for 2 months and have qualified for Proseller status already. Zazzle is a great venue for me to test designs and see what their appeal is.

I have ordered some of my own products from Zazzle and their quality is amazing. I am so pleased with their color rendition. I am very much enjoying being a part of Zazzle.  I really enjoy interacting with other Zazzle shop keepers. They have been so very helpful and friendly. The forums are a great place to ask questions and learn from the best!

Below are three of her creations that she wants you to see:







No comments:

Post a Comment